Tuesday, May 1, 2012

 I know this is a blog for Zev and Tahl, but I had a little adventure myself this weekend in New York City. I went with my friend best friend from high school Rebecca to visit our other best friend from high school, Eric.  He lives in the financial district.  We had so much fun.  We did less "New York tourist stuff" than I've ever done before and lots more EATING. 

Friday night we ate at Otto Pizzeria,  and it was delicious. I had clam pizza and goat cheese pasta. Yum.

On Saturday for lunch we went to the Spotted Pig for burgers. This was the best burger I've ever had and the fries too.  They really need to bring this to Dallas, but I'm not sure Ari could bring himself to pay $20 for a burger when not on vacation.

After lunch we walked around the city.  We walked on the High Line park for a while which is a really cool public park built on an historic freight rail line above the streets on the West Side. Notice Rebecca is holding a box of yummy cupcakes from the Magnolia Bakery. 


 A view from off of the park

While we were walking we saw this store called Ari!

Then we stopped for more cupcakes at the place called Baked by Melissa.  We had to do a taste comparison after all.  They were tiny little bites.  They could have been a little bigger, but they were SO GOOD.  I had a cookie dough, tie dye, and cookies and cream. 
 Saturday night we went to see Ghost the musical. It was a "chick flick" of musicals, but we thought it was fun.  The main guy was really good.  After we left we went to dinner at Stanton Social at ELEVEN! We didn't get seated until 12:15 even though we had a reservation; this does not happen in Dallas. It was amazingly delicious. The highlights included crab cake corn dogs, potato and goat cheese pierogies, french onion soup dumplings, and lots more yummy things.

Sunday morning we got up early and went to the 9/11 Memorial.

It was nicely done, and I think it will be even nicer when the museum opens.

This is the "survivor tree" that lived through 9/11, was transported to another park, and then moved back to the site.

Later we went to lunch on Stone Street.  There are tables in the middle, and it was a really nice place to eat outside.

The pizza was so good.


 I went to the Natural History Museum that afternoon.  I went to a show at the planetarium which was really neat.

 An Olmec like on Legends of the Hidden Temple!

 I took lots of pictures of dinosaur bones for Zevi.




 Then I went to Central Park to wait for Eric and Rebecca who were a little lost.  We all went to dinner with my dad and Stacy who happened to be in town on the same weekend. They bought us all burgers at the Shake Shack, and they were yummy.  Thanks guys!

 Then we headed back to Eric's apartment to, of course, watch a documentary on Joan Rivers.

 Here are Rebecca and I after brunch on Monday.  We walked to look at the Brooklyn Bridge.
I had so much fun on the trip with my friends!  It was great to read and relax on the plane, and then just hang out and be silly for a few days. Thanks so much to Ari and my mom for taking amazing care of the little boys while I was gone!

 Here are some pictures Ari sent me while I was away. Z sleeping.

T sleeping. He loves his schmata.

Zev playing in his "birthday rocks" on the porch.

Tahl eating BEETS!  

Here is a video of Tahli giggling.  He does this a lot.
 I really missed these guys, and it is great to be home!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, thanks so much for taking the time to visit us at Shake Shack on your trip to NYC. Hope you had an awesome vacation, and our team at the Shack can't wait to see you again on your next visit!

    -Brandy, Shake Shack

    ReplyDelete