Monday, August 27, 2012

First day of school!


Today was Zev's first day of school for the new year in the 3's.  He has two new teachers who seem great, Gail and Lana.  He has an amazing new classroom. The school was just redone last year, and the classrooms have new furniture, kitchens, toys, etc.  He also has the last room down the hall that overlooks all the playgrounds.  It is a great view. 

Here is Zev when Ari went in to get him for the morning. 

He started his morning off on the right note with a "Goofy" pancake! He told me, "this is making me happier and happier!"

Yum! I still make him wear a bib at breakfast if he is already dressed for school...

Now he is giving Goofy a hug good-bye.  When he got home, he rushed for him to tell him hello.  

Zev is really into this backpack that he got last Christmas from Aunt Li Li and Aunt Julie. He was excited to wear it to school today. 

Zev and daddy on the way to the car. 

This is the best picture Ari could get with Gail, one of Zev's new teachers. 

Zev and Ari in the new classroom. 
 He told me that he had a great day! He went to gym and played on the playground.  He also loves going to "Stay and Play" after the regular day.  He is doing this so Tahl can nap from 11:30 to 1:30, and Zev loves that he gets to skip his quiet "rest time" at home.


Here are a few pictures from earlier in the week.  Zev used his blocks inside of this bucket to build seats.  He said it was a rocket ship for himself and Tahl.  Tahl was so excited that Zev was playing with him!

We got a new washer and dryer last week because ours broke.  Zev and I started by drawing a window on the box.  Next thing I know, he wanted handy helpers, Mickey, and Goofy.  Suddenly we have our very own Mickey Mouse club house.  I found my old Goofy hat in the attic.  I bought it when I worked at Disney World, and I used to wear it on crazy hat day every year at my school.  Now everyday is crazy hat day at our house, and everywhere else that we go! I did put my foot down about him wearing it to school today though.

I am never going to get this box out of my house.  Zev likes to watch Mickey from inside of it. 

He even lets Tahl come in, but he has to come in where Zev says the door is. 

This was the best picture I could get of the two of them.
I'm sure it is obvious how ever present that Goofy and Mickey are in our lives right now.  I think it is a combination of Zev loving that show instead of Dora now and him being excited about our upcoming trip to Disney World in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment